Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh Michaela!

Michaela is on antibiotics again for an ear infection. I am trying to decide if I should push the idea of tubes or not because her doctor hasn't seen her problems like I have and doesn't seem to think they are necessary. The way that medicine works nowadays is we (the patients) tell the doctors what we need and they do it. So I feel the need to make a decision. We also had to up the dose of her daily laxative. She will be on them until further notice.(probably about 5 years)
I am hoping those things are the reason her behavior has been less than pleasant lately. She has been screaming for naps, bedtime, getting dressed, and diaper changes. She has also been throwing food and using food to stall bedtime, or something else she does not want to do. She did hit me once this week too. This could be toddlerhood, and/or her way of expressing her discomfort she is feeling from her ailments.

On a precious, happy note, Michaela has started twiddling her thumbs! She picked that up all on her own. Joe and I do not do that. It is so cute!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh man- again? : ( I am sure some of her behavior this week or so has been not feeling well, some toddler angst. But constipation and an ear infection will certainly make one cranky. And I totally agree, this is how it is done at the docs, we tell them and they do it. They are desensitized a lot as well, some do not consider it an issue til the antibiotics stop working, and there is no other alternative. having been on that side of the fence, I would start to push for tubes. it is a quick easy procedure, and if you can get her ears to drain and the infections to go away, that is important, my biggest fear is one of the kids will turn into me with all the other ear issues form not getting it drained while they are young and it is fairly easy. Not like there is not history of ear issues in both sides of our family. Just my 2 cents, I would insist, it will not harm and can only help

Faith said...

yeah, the doctor is very passive. If I asked for tubes, she would get them. I worry because Michaela may be in daycare by August.