Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's Decided

The technical college here (Central Carolina Tech) has a good Associates Degree in Nursing. You can be paid for your clinicals and become an RN. I have been agonizing over the decision to go back to school. I am a bit uncertain about my ability to follow through and about our financial situation, which is very tight right now.
I applied for financial aid for the summer semester, which starts in May. I would have to start in May if I do not want to wait a year to get into the program. With our 2007 income, I thought I would not qualify for grants, but it turns out I do!
I will take 2 classes in the summer with my tuition paid and a little left over for books. Joe will rearrange his schedule to watch the kids.
In the fall, I will go full time and we will have to worry about childcare for 2 kids. They are already on a waiting list for the center here on base. This worries me a lot, but we will deal with it as it gets closer to August. We have enough going on right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is big news. Lots to think about and plan. Good luck with all of it!

Rachael said...

that is a lot going on, but that's great!