I am having a little trouble not living near a military instillation. No one here has any idea how to handle military families. Our health insurance is always being denied because no one knows what number needs to be entered from my military ID. This happens at every doctor's office and every pharmacy we go to. Marcs almost did not take my check because they did not recognize USAA as a bank and usually only deal with local banks. Even after I explained that we are military and USAA does not have branches because it caters to those who move all over the country, the cashier still had to call two people to have my check approved.
I was told by someone recently that they could not help me basically because we are military and my husband is overseas (long story). She looked at me and said "We really appreciate what he is doing over there, but that's the way it is"
She overstepped there. She, and she is not alone, has no idea what we, as a family do and what he is doing "over there". I am not seeking appreciation. I am not putting myself, or my husband on a pedestal for what we choose to put up with and put our family through, but that insincere "thanks for whatever" bothered me in a surprising way.
14 years ago

1 comment:
Whats really funny is being "over here". All the generous care packages that random organizations send to the troops over seas. It's obvious from reading the letters and thank you notes attached that everyone is thinking of Iraq and Afghanistan, when they say "over there". the other thing that is funny over here, is being told that I can't be helped or that some one is confused by me being here.
Post a Comment