Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sweet!!! Part 3

We went to Applebees last night. Why do we do this to ourselves? There is a Chili's. It is good, but expensive, a Ruby Tuesday. It is filthy, not good and expensive. That is all that is close, aside from the BK on base. (yuck) Applebees it is. We had the same waiter who is sweeter than the tea. I ordered an unsweet tea. Joe ordered a Pepsi. I got what I wanted(wow) and Joe got a diet pepsi(ha ha).
Just a side note about the food down here: if you order a ceasar salad, you will get 3 cups of ceasar dressing and a few leaves of lettuce. There are bacon bits in every salad here. I ordered an oriental chicken rollup and I think I got gravy on it instead of orange sauce.
The waiter came by and said "i'll get more sweet tea for you" Instead of looking up from my dish of ceasar dressing, I quickly reminded him it was unsweet tea, not noticing that Joe's glass was empty. The sweet waiter brought me an unsweetened tea and Joe a sweet tea.
The commissary opened today. Being the 1st of the month, I could not even walk in there, but I got some food and have decided I do not need to leave the base any time soon, so I will put the boring food stories to rest for now.

No comments: